Monday, June 4, 2007

my squirrel friend

I've been talking to him a lot,trying to gain his confidence.I kept seeing footprints and evidence of pilfering in my shed.I was afraid I had a rat!My daughter left some Easter chocolate footballs on the table and the next day I found the wrappers neatly peeled on this can.Oh boy,if I could have caught him unwrapping those, I could have had the ten-thousand dollar video!I leave my door open all day,and I caught him sneaking in!What a treat,glad it wasn't a rat,I started leaving peanuts outside with my birdseed and inside my shed too.I was reading my paper,looked up and there he was,eating.Carefully I set up my toy camera and waited as he came and went.Every time he came in I used continuous shooting mode to catch as much of my little friend as I could.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A fine series that together do an attractive job of documenting this little guy getting the goodies.  They are so clever.  I feed the squirrels by throwing peanuts out on the lawn. Today I had three chasing each other up and down the trees.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it wasn't a rat too!  You will have a friend for life if you keep feeding him...maybe all of his family too.   the pictures were fun.  YOu are doing all kinds of things now with your camera.

Anonymous said...

Well, how cute is that!! Your slide show is awesome, I really feel as if I got to watch the little guy in action. Very cool, Carl!

Anonymous said...

I came by to thank you for visiting my blog and commenting there. I have a few photos of Pileated Woodpeckers but they don't show up often. The Ivory Bill is another story. I hope they find it.

Abraham Lincoln
<a href="http://brookvilledailyphoto.blogspot.com/">Brookville Daily Photo</a>
<a href="http://www.oldmanlincoln.com/">My Published Photos</a>